The Project operating from the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Policy Office within the Cabinet Office is aimed at addressing the issues indentified as part of the National Risk Assessment of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and extends to activities against bribery and corruption.
The scope of the Project is to establish a centralised framework for regulating anti-corruption activities and embed a culture of continuous improvement in the public and private sectors to ensure that any suspicious activity is timely recognised and acted upon.
The main objectives of the Project include:
- A strategy setting out national anti-corruption priorities, against which activities can be developed, delivered and measured;
- A method of recording and monitoring activities;
- Advice and guidance to all relevant stakeholders;
- Accessible resources and information that cover the Island’s ongoing response to bribery and corruption, relevant policies, procedures and legislation;
- An online solution for the reporting of offences and other concerns.